Palace of Fine Arts Improvements
San Francisco Recreation & Parks Department 
 

San Francisco, CA

Located in the Marina District of San Francisco, The Palace of Fine Arts was constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition. The structure was completely rebuilt from 1964 to 1974 and is one of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition. As an important part of San Francisco history, the Palace is visited by more than 1.5 million people each year. The Palace is one of the Bay Area’s most heavily used urban parks and the most photographed wedding spot in the country. Affected by time, nature and the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989, restoration of the Palace’s original features began in stages. MCK provided Cost Estimating services to the San Francisco Recreation & Park Department for the lighting portion of the $21M renovation.