Hiring the right team is the first step in ensuring your project will be successful. As an owner, you have a lot on your plate and you may not have the time to manage every aspect of your project. Don’t let those details slip by – invest in a PM/CM team to help.
A good PM/CM firm will manage your project from tip to tail and the earlier you bring them in, the better. The right team will have suitable experience on similar projects to help you achieve exceptional results and avoid unnecessary complications.
The top 5 reasons to hire a PM/CM firm:
1. Define your project program – What are we building, in what duration and for how much money? PM/CM firms have visibility to other projects in the industry and can advise you on innovative and realistic project goals.
2. Determine an appropriate project delivery method – Depending on your project’s complexity, there are benefits to different delivery methods, from traditional design/bid/build to CM-at-Risk to ultra-collaborative Design/Build.
3. Manage design – PM/CM firms have the experience and expertise to oversee the design process, ensuring that project goals are met, confirming the design is constructible and helping to moderate scope creep.
4. Manage construction – Your PM/CM will be your eyes and ears in the field and in the office. PM/CM firms provide day-to-day coordination between you, contractor, designer, permitting and other agencies and stakeholders. They do this through experienced field inspection, change order analysis and negotiation, estimating, scheduling, document controls and everything you need to get the job done.
5. Organize project closeout – A project doesn’t end at construction completion. Make sure you have finalized all contracts, have as-builts, warranties and guarantees in place and that your documentation is complete before closing the books.
At MCK, we have the breadth of experience on a wide range of projects to support you with any and all program, project and construction management needs. From big to small, public to private, wastewater to hotels – we’d love to be a part of your team!